I'm running to turn the focus of our city government back to the residents of Menlo Park. In recent years, millions of square feet of new office has been approved and the overall review process for many large developments has been made easier. If elected to city council, I'll lead the effort to return the focus to residents with these efforts:
- Protect neighborhood streets by fast-tracking permanent and temporary measures to stop cut-through traffic.
- Streamline the approval process for home remodels and additions when there’s support from neighbors.
- Require the reporting of meetings between city council members and people with business before the city.
- Slow down the rush to replace the main library given that there isn’t widespread community support.
- Create a District 2 neighborhood council where residents can propose initiatives and raise concerns.
- Find infrastructure solutions to commuter traffic caused by millions of square feet of office development.
Please contact me if you have any questions at email@example.com or 650-924-1890.